Item pick-up and more new services
Update June 2, 2020:
Book drops are open for you to return items at your convenience. You can now place holds on physical materials to pick up in the vestibule at your local branch. Library buildings remain closed.
As of May 18, Boonslick Regional Library branches are offering contactless services to local communities, including an item pick-up service, wifi, public printing, tablets for a 1 hour checkout, and an updated outreach service in addition to electronic media and online resources available via our website. Continue reading for more details.
The new pick-up service will work as follows:
- Request your items from home through the Card Catalog or by calling your local library for recommendations and staff assistance.
- Your local library will call you when you have items available to be picked up.
- Call your local library from the parking lot when you’ve arrived to pick up your items.
- Library staff will check out your items, bag them and set them in the vestibule for you to pick up.
WIFI, PUBLIC PRINTING and TABLETS
- As always, public wifi is available from the parking lot in each of our branches.
- Mobile Printing is available at no charge from any mobile device.
- Each library branch will provide tablets for patrons, which can be checked out for one hour and used from the library parking lots. The tablets include shortcuts to Missouri Department of Labor, 2019 tax forms, 2020 Census survey and Mobile Printing.
- Print jobs remain in our print queue for up to 24 hours, within which time you can pick them up by calling your local library branch and arranging for pickup.
NEW BRLMOBILE2GO SERVICE
Our outreach service has evolved once more, as BRL2GO becomes BRLMOBILE2GO, providing free wifi access in several locations within our district, including Pettis, Benton and Cooper counties.
All you need is your mobile device (laptop, tablet, smart phone). Pull up close the library vehicle and begin using the library’s wifi connection.
We look forward to providing “contactless” services as precautionary measures for our patrons and staff. Thank you for patience during this time.
May 1, 2020
CHECKOUT DUE DATES EXTENDED
Due dates for materials checked out from any of our locations have been extended to June 30, 2020. Drop boxes are CLOSED, and we ask that you DO NOT attempt return materials further notice. There will be no penalties or late fines charged for items that you currently have checked out after they are returned.
HOLDS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Holds will be suspended until the library reopens. Your requests will remain intact. You will not lose your place in the queue. You will be notified per your preferences (e-mail or phone) when a hold arrives for you to pick up after the library reopens.
WHILE WE’RE CLOSED, TRY OUR DIGITAL OFFERINGS! We’ve compiled a list of free digital resources to help you through these difficult times, including movies that you can stream from any PC or mobile device, as well as downloadable eBooks, comics, magazines and educational resources for kids.
Continue to watch this space for further updates.
COVID-19 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
MEDICAL ADVICE and HELP
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS and CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Resources for K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs From the CDC
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- 120 Digital Resources for Home-Schooling
JOBS and UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
Download this flier and share.